Effective Date: May 2019
Miadria Group companies (“Miadria,” “we,” or “us”) are committed to protecting your information.
This Policy applies to Miadria and any entities doing business under this name, which collect, process and/or store information.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or questions, requests or concerns regarding your information, please contact us via email at the following email email@example.com.
We collect information from various sources as follows:
- When you provide information to us when establishing or maintaining an account or otherwise receiving a service from us.
- When you provide information to us when registering to attend or while attending a Miadria event.
- Some exhibitor sessions and keynote presentations are recorded
- We may use automated means (such as cookies) to collect data from your devices.
- We receive referrals from users and others.
- We collect or receive data from third parties, including, in some cases, publicly available directories, as part of our marketing and prospecting activities.
From the sources listed above, we collect only the information you made available at that point in time.
We and third parties use various technologies to collect information about your activities on the Miadria websites and apps.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Miadria pages, or register with Miadria site or services, a cookie helps Miadria to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Miadria Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Miadria features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Miadria services or Web sites you visit.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use and disclose your information as follows:
On the basis of implied or express consent, such as:
To send you certain information, including marketing communications;
To customize the content and advertising you see on our websites and apps, across the Internet, and elsewhere;
At events: For instance, You may choose to use a badge with an RFID chip, which has a unique identifier that can be scanned from various distances. If you select an RFID-enabled badge, we may use it to track your location around our event sites so we can better understand your areas of interest.
If you do not want us to track your location, you may obtain a non-RFID enabled badge by asking Events staff at the registration desk.
For our legitimate interests in conducting our business, such as:
- To fulfill your requests;
- To respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries;
- To otherwise communicate with you about your account;
- To carry out certain marketing activities;
- To conduct research and analysis, including surveys;
- To publish attendee lists for our events;
- To provide relevant information (for hospitality and safety purposes) to hotels and other facilities involving in hosting the event attendees.
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our websites, apps, services;
- For pre-transaction review in relation to the transactions described in the preceding list item; or
- To create aggregated or anonymized data, which we may use and disclose without restriction;
- To comply with applicable laws, protect the rights, safety, property, and respond to lawful requests from public authorities (such as disclosing data in appropriate situations for national security or law enforcement purposes); or
- To perform a service on behalf of a client who gives us the data.
Some features of our websites, apps and services allow you to make data public or engage in other sharing. For example:
Registration on some of our websites or apps will create a public profile (or a profile visible to other registered users), which includes information drawn from social networking accounts that you associate with the profile, such as name, photo and bio, as well as other information that you add.
If you post content or otherwise participate in discussion forums or other social areas of our websites or apps, your participation (including the content you post, your name, and a link to your profile) may be shared across our websites and apps and in other public or private areas of the internet.
Special uses and disclosures of automatically collected data are described in the preceding section.
We generally retain information for so long as it is relevant to the purposes above. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Some third parties’ embedded plugins or other automated technology on our websites, such as cookies or social sharing buttons, allow their operators to learn that you have visited or interacted with our websites, and they combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. These third parties handle this information, and other information they directly collect through their content and plugins, pursuant to their own privacy policies.
Choices About Use of Your Information
We believe it is important to give you choices about the use of your information. We will use your information as described in this Policy. If we want to use your information for a purpose not described in this Policy, we will first get your consent to do so.
We will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences by opting out of communications at any time and we will respect your wishes.
Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Miadria Group processes your information, please email us at the relevant address above or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: May, 2019